Monday, April 22, 2013

I'm Going To Miss Knocking Doors With This Tag On.

April 15 - 21, 2013

MONDAY - Well another awesome pday here in the TDM! We went and played basketball again and it was fun, as always! Never gets old. After we got done I got a hair cut cause I needed one back and then we came back and didn't have much time to do anything tonight.

TUESDAY - We had district meeting today and I taught about the attributes of Christ and the purpose of missionaries. We all shared one attribute we liked and then I did my little smore analogy and we all enjoyed smores after together. Then everyone wanted to go out to Subway to eat as a district because it might be my "last time" So we did and then we were picked up by Dominguez to go do service where we were out in the sun most of the time and were sweating cause it was hot and gross! We came back and changed and then went to dinner with a member who I wont mention the name now cause she is a bit crazy and she tried to keep us there forever and just kept talking and talking and it was just kind of weird. We all felt like there was something wrong. So we left. We finally got out and headed all the way down south to teach Jason. Man he is so worth the ride down there. He is soooo cool! Way solid and just a lot of fun to teach! We then came back up as it got dark and stopped in at the Lopez house and talked to them for a bit and invited the son, who is wanting to go on a mission, to come out with us. Then of course they found out I was leaving and started dropping the questions. What are you going to do? Work? School? Marriage? I just said "well... all three" haha. Its getting to that time though. I watched it with Rouse and my trainer and now its me in those shoes!
 
WEDNESDAY - We didn't go to service today instead we planned ahead a little bit before dinner and knocked a little too. We didn't have a dinner so we just went out and worked instead. We had another lesson with Jason and then one with the Montelongos where we blessed their home and it was awesome. The Spirit felt was wonderful there. I hope they all start coming back to church. We grilled at night to celebrate Elder Trovers one year mark tomorrow and my 23 month mark. Hot dogs! Yum!
 
THURSDAY - Happy 1 year to my companion and 23 months for me! Crazy!!! We planned today and then had dinner with the Ayalas where we had spaghetti and enchiladas. It was good but I couldn't even finish it. We took off and visited a ton of people with Rudy and ended up just going to the church to be at English classes cause no one was there.
 
FRIDAY - We dropped off my dry cleaning and then went to service. I had a short temper due to a certain missionary that was not acting according to his calling and doing stuff that is damaging future opportunities for other missionaries. We came back and had dinner with a family in the other elders area and Dominguez kind of threw off our whole night because he said he would take us and then just left so we had to bike and were half an hour late cause it bumped all our appointments and we didn't teach anyone. Figueroa wasn't there and that was it. 0 for the night. We headed home.
 
SATURDAY - Lots of finding ideas we were trying today. We went to pick up my dry cleaning and it wasn't ready so we went and did some knocking and got in and taught a way cool family. I'm going to miss knocking doors with this tag on... But for now I can still do it. We then went and got my stuff and dropped it off and headed to the michoacana and started handing out free dvds... man this world is gotten so bad that its even hard to give out free dvds of Jesus Christ. We gave a bunch to the management in the store haha they were way cool. Hispanics are a lot more willing to let us do stuff like that. We then biked down to Rudy's for his going away party and it was weird because everyone was like "that's going to be you in about 3 weeks!" Freaked me out a bit. We had some good food and then we left to work. We didn't have much luck that night but we worked hard and were happy with that. 
 
SUNDAY - Church today and a good one. We had 3 at church and we taught the class and showed an old movie haha. Good message but very old! We had dinner with the Gonzales family and had pasta and chicken. We ate and left to try a few more people before heading home to get numbers. We went over to the other elders aptmnt because... again our ac was not working. Good week, half way through the transfer. Thanks!
love,
Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment