Thursday, April 4, 2013

I Will Finish My Mission In Garland Texas!

March 25 - 31, 2013

MONDAY - Today was an okay pday. Elder Trover and I got up and got breakfast and then went and emailed really quick before heading to the church to play some ball. We get there and a bunch of sister missionaries are there and tons of people. They start setting up the volleyball nets and we were mad so we went to lunch. We came back and they weren't even using the nets!!! So we took them down and started playing basketball. We got back and changed and had a family home evening with a part member family and the Fuentes family. We all shared our testimonies of the Book of Mormon. We then went to Kroger before ending our night to get candy susi for district meeting tomorrow. Good pday!

TUESDAY - We headed to district meeting and we were a bit late cause we had to bike but everyone was waiting and ready. Great meeting I just thanked my district for their hard work this transfer and asked them all to share something they learned this past 6 weeks. Then we ate snacks and watched " "How rare a possession". After we had exchanges, I went with Elder Watrous to G5 and had a pretty crazy day. We had one lesson that turned into a bash so we left picked up dinner and ate. I will not finish this day till I get back. Just ask what happened on March 26 2013 or come to my homecoming to find out ;)
 
WEDNESDAY - Today we did service for a good 4 hours and then we had dinner with the Fuentes family and then came back and tried to visit some people and didnt have much luck. We walked all the way to the very south of our area for an appointment and they werent there. So we walked all the way back and some guy randomly stopped us and gave us 20 dollars and we tried to give it back and he kept shoving it in my hand. I asked what we could to do to serve him and he just gave us both a hug and left. Its so different being a missionary. Its like being in a completely different world. Crazy day.
 
THURSDAY - Planning day! We didnt plan, we had to go do a survey and then we ended up going to Taco Bell with Dominguez cause we had to get an extra planner from him. We started making our new planners and it scared me dating my last one, all the way up to mothers day. We went to the Ayalas for dinner and then had Rudy take us out to teach and his car died so we spend the remainder of the night trying to start it again. 
 
FRIDAY - We had service again for a good 3 to 4 hours and then dinner later with the Canales family with the other elders, we ate really late like at 6:30 and then the zl wanted to take us to chillis for a treat, we happened to catch the end of the michigan kansas game. Weird seeing basketball! We didnt get to do a lot today. Service hours going up has really made it harder to teach during the day. 
 
SATURDAY - Transfer calls!!!! We tried to plan today and get that all done for next week and then we went to dinner with the Morales family and had fajitas! Finally the streak of stinking boiled chicken is broken. I swear we have had that for 25 days straight. We finished and started walking back and got picked up by Dominguez and waited for calls to come. Dominguez got a call and will be training someone else. Im old. My trainey is training. Im a grandpa in the mission. We didnt get a call. I'll finish my mission here in Garland with Trover! Im super happy! 
 
SUNDAY - Church was good. Easter Sunday is always good. We had a packed gospel principles class. I love being a teacher of the Gospel because the teacher for the class got released during sacrament and so our ward mission leader threw it on us at the last second to teach the class and so elder Trover and I taught a packed class of new people. It was a lot of fun, I love teaching about the only true and Restored Gospel! :) After we ate at President Gomezs house and then went to work. We set a date with Cristina from Uraguay and it was way good! The heat is coming. We left our windows open cause our AC doesnt work and everything was all stickey in the morning so elder trover and I hung out out side and it cooled down. Good week. Last transfer begins with my dads bday! :) thanks for following!
 
Elder Jackson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment