Monday, March 25, 2013

22 Months In The Mission

March 18 - 24, 2013

MONDAY - 22 months in the mission! Also today was elder trovers 11 month mark in the mission so we had a bbq at the park with all the other missionaries, played some horse and played football and frisbee. Ate some brats and just had a good time in the sun. We finished late and got back at 6:30 and got dressed but didnt have any lessons unfortunately.

TUESDAY - No district meeting today because of the meeting on Friday. Not a lot happened in the day but Rudy came out with us at night and we went to visit a few people having no luck again! We headed to the church and I interviewed little Francisco for baptism and after we were just with the zone leaders till the end of the night. 
 
WEDNESDAY - Bball in the morning and my team did very well! It really stunk though because I went up for a shot and elder Falk tried to block it and we bounced off each other in the air and he fell and really hurt his ankle. Not a good thing! We had came back and elder Trover wasnt feeling to hot so we didnt go out. We had dinner with the de leon family and took pictures with their little huskies! So next week I'll have pics of me and the other missionaries. Me flashing Htown signs ;) She told us her story and we didnt get out till late. There was 2 non members there though so that was good. 
 
THURSDAY - Planning all day today until dinner at the Ayalas where we all ate enchilatas and then we visited the Montelongos and talked to the hermano but he was leaving so we headed to the church to teach English classes. That was our night.
 
FRIDAY - We got picked up early for the meeting in Casa linda and it was a good meeting. Good to see everyone again. We had to wait a long time after because I had to get another temple recommend interview. It was good to sit down with President. It was most scary when they sang "God be with us til we meet again" to the missionaries leaving. (they do it every meeting) and knowing that I'm next. Next meeting they will sing to me and witbeck and crosby etc. . . crazy stuff. we didnt get back till late. Tim out of his kindness took us out to eat and we really enjoyed the time we spent with him. Elder Trover still doesnt feel good though.
 
SATURDAY - Bball today I played ok. Im getting a little tired of the kids that don't know how to play so they just hack the snot out of you! No wonder people keep getting hurt. Our team won 4 straight though. We came back and stayed in again and my ankle started to hurt bad. A pain I had never felt before. We went to dinner with the Xivir and had crazy guatamalen tomales. We walked back. I couldnt bike. I iced it the rest of the night.
 
SUNDAY - Good sunday, we had 4 at church :) We were blessed for our patience and for trying. We waited after church to go eat delicious burgers at the gomez home and then we came back and went to work. It felt good to knock doors again. Our first contact is one to remember. We knocked and the guy answered with a big picture of the virgin mary and screaming that he was catholic. I asked if he knew anyone who wanted to learn more about JESUS CHRIST and he shook his head. The people you meet, a mission experience is one you never forget! We got back and did numbers and ended the night. One more week here and our transfer is over. Then I start my last. Its nuts. Next Monday I'll find out what my last area and comp will be for sure. Love you all, thanks for following!
 
Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment